Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Amazing Race 10 -September 17th, 2006

A new season with new surprises

Another season of the Amazing Race has begun and I am so excited. It is my favourite TV show on right now and I love it so much. And I was so stoked to see the Race start in Seattle, a city so close to my hometown of Richmond, BC. AND the fact that the first destination is Beijing, China (my motherland -unlike the HOT looking Korean brothers -I lol when I heard that comment). I like the fact, like Survivor, this is a very diverse race this season.

Usually when I do my Amazing Race Rant with some friends and family, I always view it as what would my partner (which would be my younger brother) and I would do.

So the roadblock. In past seasons, my brother and I agreed that I would always do the eating challenges because a) I like to eat and b) the fact that I've been on a diet so long that I would be starving. Anyways, eating fish eyes, yes not uncommon in my culture and my father eats them all the tims. I haven't personally done it but if he can do it so can I, plus not many of the teams looked disgusted at the prospect of eating them unlike the grasshoppers in AR 9 that BJ and Tyler had to eat to get the fast forward. The only problems most teams had was just using the chopsticks.

Phil said at the beginning of the race that there would be surprises in the race and the first one came tonight. When one of the teams mentioned that a person might get eliminated at the Forbidden City even though it wasn't a pit stop, I had a feeling that it was the first surprise. I think its a good thing as it creates a sense of urgency all the time and not take anything for granted. When I saw who could have been potentially have been eliminated, I didn't want any of the teams to go. So it was sad that it was friends Bilal and Sa'eed. They seemed like good guys. But at least it wasn't the hot brothers. Makes me wonder what the other surprises are in the race.

The detour: Labour or Leisure? Labour for sure. My brother knows it and I know it that I am the most uncoordinated person in the world. Plus when Phil was describing the detour and how we have to follow a pattern, I noticed right off the bat that there was a grey/black border before the clay coloured can be put in. So it pays to be an observant person!!!!

The race to the pit stop. No longer about a foot race which is an interesting twist as some of the teams who arrived at the wall didn't necesarrily mean that is how they are going to finish. Liked this fact.

Also loved how the teams attempted to speak Mandarin.

Let's breakdown the teams and its performance so far from last to first:

Bilal and Sa'eed: Getting eliminated at the mid-point of leg one is no fun at all. I think it always comes down to luck and they got a slow cab driver who also didn't know where he was going.

Vital and Arti: These two are a cute couple. It sucks that they came in last. But I did like Vital's tip on how to climb the wall better.

The coalminer and his wife (sounds like lyrics to a TV show theme song): Dave sounded like Cletis from the Simpsons. Hey that's what I thought when I heard him. I think the fact that they might not be as physcially fit might be their downfall later on in the race.

The single mothers: Did like that they pushed their way through the Great Wall challenge.

Tom and Terry: Thought it was a poor choice to do Leisyre but it didn't hurt them in the end.

Edwin and Goodwin (the hot Asian brothers): Aside from being hot, yes I have a crush on them, I think they are a fun team, I like that they had water guns but it was too bad that it was taken away from them at the airport (but I understand why). I think they have to be careful not to take things for granted and they might go far.

The Cheerleaders: I thought it would be a mistake to chose Leisure but they seemed to have performed it well.

Rob and Kimberly: There always have to be one team, usually a couple that always bickers and Rob and Kimberly are AR10's. Their constant bickering could be their downfall.

The Miss Americas: Performed well and looks like romance in the air with the models.

Peter and Sarah (woman with prosthetic leg): Too competitve and a bit cocky on Peter's side and a bit bossy.

Duke and Lauren (father/daughter): They are a strong team. They seem to work well together but can butt heads at times (but who doesn't with a parental unit). Love the fact that one of the teams thought they were either siblings or dating.

The models: I do love their backstory on how they overcame drug addiction but I have never really liked the "acting/model" teams, can't say why but they look strong too.

Well until next week....which as always looks good. And please post your own comments so we can have a good ARR going. Cheers!!!!!

No comments: