Friday, September 22, 2006

Survivor: Cook Islands

September 28, 2006: The tribes merge

So the tribes merge and my Puka tribe got split up. So which team am I going to root for now? Since Yul is hot and my age and I like Becky, I am going for their tribe. It was a close vote and I was worried that Becky was going to go home but I thought it would have been interesting to see if Yul would keep his promise and give Becky the immunity idol should she have been in danger.

I thought it was interesting that they brought up Billy's comments to Candice and not suprisingly she said that she said no such thing to him and it wasn't love at first sight for her, he just mis-interepreted what she said to him.

One thing that did bother me about this episode was the repeating of the challenge. I mean it was the exact same one that was on Palau but for some reason it was better there than here. Come on Survivor, you can some up with original challenges since this isn't an All-Star version where it is more likely you would see old challenges re-visited.

If Aitu loses again, I would get rid of Flicka, she is so wishy-washy that she has to go. We've seen what happens to those that are indecisive in the game, hello Christy and Dolly!!! Over at the other tribe, anyone can go as long as it isn't Brad or Jenny. It seems interesting that so far only people from the visible minority groups have left the game.

And Parvati, you are a horrible flirt, it's so obvious what you are doing that it's almost funny. I think you need to go for being a bad flirt.

Until next week.



September 21, 2006: Throwing a challenges is bad

Second episode in and I've already fallen into the trap that the Survivor producers wanted us to fall into: cheering for your ethnic team.

When I watched the first episode last week, I found myself cheering for Puka, the Asian tribe. I knew that going in I would. One of my complaints about television has always been that visible minority doesn't necessarily only mean African American. So when Survivor announced that they were segregating along racial lines, at first I thought it was controversial because I thought it was caucasion vs the visible minorities but when I saw that wasn't the case, I thought that was good. I think this is the most diverse cast of any television show out there.

I mean sure there are some people on Puka that annoy me like Cao Boi but in his defence I think he does bring some wisdom to his tribe especially he can heal people, a huge asset. Can you imagine the other tribes who have headaches and no Cao Boi could they be able to concentrate on challenges? Plus the two other guys on Puka are pretty hot and the girls are cute.

As for Arti throwing that challenge. Stupid. I think it was so obvious that everyone knew what they were doing. Poor Billy, I mean he had to go, it was so obvious by the editing but there could've been a better way to oust him.

And over on Exile Island, how thrilled am I that Yul found the idol!!!! If he uses it smartly, as did Terry from last season, and Puka continues on being a strong tribe, I think he can go far.

Anyways, until next week.

No comments: