Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Gilmore Girls

October 3rd, 2006: The land of Hello Kitty

So I had to include that little quip from Lorelai because I love Hello Kitty and totally agreed with her comment about Breakfast at Tiffany's. And the side-by-side posters of Chairman Mao and Sandra Oh, too funny.

And that was about the funniest thing in this episode. Again the new writers are trying too hard to regain the witty dialogue of the Palladinos and two episodes in a row without Emily and Richard Gilmore, not good.

The whole Lane thing was funny and loved how she said her mother was right about sex but let's hope she does try again and this time in a bed. But I knew that when Lane wasn't well that she was pregnant. The dialogue of horrible celebrity baby names was cute.

And I thought Luke was the baby brother of Liz and not the older one.

I suppose I can understand Rory's disappoint in Lorelai over the whole Christopher situation but I do hope that Luke and Lorelai find their way back to each other.


September 26th, 2006: Girls have lost gift of gab

Has the Gilmore Girls jumped the shark? I don't know. I have to see a few more shows without the Palladinos to make the judgement but you can tell the new show runners are trying their best to mimic the Palladinos style and dialogue.

I did feel that some of the rapid fire dialogue was a bit forced and that some of the situations were a little out there even for Stars Hollow but I still enjoyed the episode. Did love it when Kirk drove into Luke's but since when did Taylor become Town Selectman again, I thought that was Jackson's job -did I miss something.

Yes and Lorelai was quite blunt when she told Luke that she slept with Christopher but I am glad that she did instead of them getting back together and have him find out later in the season. I honestly was never really sold on Luke and Lorelai as a couple but somehow I couldn't help rooting for them to be together. If this is the GGs last season, I hope they get back together.

As for Rory's gift from Logan. Confused the heck out of me, even after it was explained. I don't quite get what it means that Logan wants her to visit at Christmas. I mean what's stopping her from just going in the summer anyways.

Next week, sorta of looks good so we will see if I will be sticking with GG has I have had over the last 6 seasons.

Cheers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey V!

Congrats on the new site. I like the new top banner. Very nice - NYC influenced I see!

Wanted to send a general congrats post, but couldn't figure it out. But will start here. The only thing I'll say about GG is that I did indeed feel myself think that the show had jumped the shark, sort of speak. Let's just hope for better things ahead. It would be sad if it has indeed gone downhill. You could always count on GG to be entertaining if nothing else.

Happy times,
Justin