Sunday, April 08, 2007

My continuning quest to avoid American Idol

So I am trying real hard not to know what is going on in American Idol land. So far, it is becoming difficult because all the sites I love to visit details what is happening on that "talent" show. So I have heard about this contestant called Sanjaya that I assume from what I colleague who watches the show tells me he can't sing. Now I told my co-worker my quest not to know anything about AI so she didn't name names but told me about a contestant who can't sing but is still on the show, so I assume she is talking about Sanjaya since I see that name all over EW.com and TV Guide.com. I still don't know the names of the contestants or what they look like and I hope to keep it that way but it is hard when you have People magazing have them as your cover story, a publiclation I like to flip through in the bookstore so I had to avoid flipping through it while on my break at work the other day. But my beloved Entertainment Weekly already started doing odds on the contestants and I am sure as we get down to the wire, those odds will be revised but I will have to be sure that I avoid that part of the issue. Thank goodness I stopped watching Access Hollywood and those type of shows so at least I won't see any of that.

So it's been about two weeks and so far so good. Only got about a month until AI is all over and we will see how will I do.

No comments: