Thursday, April 19, 2007

Getting harder to avoid the American Idol juggernaught

This week when I got my latest issue of my favourite magazine in the world, Entertainment Weekly, on the cover were the contestants for American Idol. Now, whether you believe me or not, when I saw the words American Idol on the cover, I immediately ripped off the cover and tore it into pieces and put it in the recycling bin. I haven't read or will read the accompanying article and when I flip through that issue I just avoid those pages.

Now I think it might be easier to avoid AI now that Sanjaya -it was hard to avoid who this person was no matter how hard I tried -is off the show now. So no more in your face media coverage that would have been if he remained. So now, I will hopefully live blissfully ignorant for the rest of this season.

If you want to test me on the names of contestants, go ahead such as name who sang what song on a certain theme night and I bet you that I won't know or care to know.

What I really care about is the Amazing Race and I hope that Dustin and Kandice or Danny and Oswald win. That is a reality show that I can get behind because despite AI's tremendous success, it has never won the Emmy for Reality Show Competition. Who has one that Emmy the most? Well, it's the Amazing Race!!!!!!!

No comments: