Sunday, December 02, 2007

The Amazing Race 12 Dec 2, 2007

Apologies again for not blogging last week but I was out to dinner and taped it. Even after watching it, I didn't blog because I was recovering from foot surgery and was really able to move around too much. But I am back this week, ready to offer my thoughts on this week's AR.

I have to say that I did like the U-Turn twist this year. Better than the Yield as you never know how long it will take you to do the other detour, which can put you further behind than the 30 minutes the Yield did.

Anyways, it was a good episode. I was a bit worried that the father-daughter team were going to be last because of the flight mistake but in the end with all the wrong turns the other teams took (and we knew thanks the gong sound effects) they ended up in third. What would we do without all the gonging!

But I am getting ahead of myself. I was watching the show with my brother and I do agree that the brother and sister team, while good, there is something a bit off with Azaria in the way that he treats his sister (the way he violently pulled her back to the curb at the beginning was uncalled for).

I thought it was interesting that the Grandson/Granddad team didn't get a good flight because it was supposedly all sold out but the other teams got on, I guess maybe knowing a few phrases in French would have helped.

When the teams touched down in Lituania, every team took off right away, while the Goths (my brother's pick to win) took their time to ask directions. They were one of the few teams to get to the church without getting lost. Ronald and Christina were smart to pay a taxi driver to lead them the way (as other past racers have done). As for the Road Block, Justin would have done as he says he is a good listener and would have done well.

The detour was interesting as I would have liked to have stayed and enjoyed the festival (maybe after teams have checked in they got to go back and had some fun). The detour, my first instinct was to do the stilts as I think I have pretty good balance and as long as you were patient and took it slow, it could be done. I was very happy that Ron and Christina finished, especially Ron considering he has a hernia. I see a lot of myself and my Dad in their relationship, which is why I am rooting for them. Counting would have been difficult but if you were methodically about it, it could be done.

I am glad those blondes are gone. They had no teamwork and always blamed each other and second guessed decisions. I knew going in they weren't going to be like another certain blonde team of races past (i.e. Dustin and Kandice -my all-time favourite Amazing Race team next to the Bowling Moms).

Here's to next week, where we see another meltdown to Nate and Jennifer.

No comments: