Thursday, October 04, 2007

Private Practice -October 3, 2007

Ok the second episode was a little bit better. It was still boring in spots and didn't really like the whole stripper thing at the beginning and we never did find out what she had.

But still bugs me about this show is that all of sudden these characters are all hanging at Addison's. Granted she lives right across from Sam (Taye Diggs) but still, it was almost as if she was part of their gang for years and has known them forever.

The only story line that I was emotionally invested in without being bored was the baby switch one and I think that was the right story line to get everyone involved. Judging Amy had a point, the dude from Prison Break had a purpose and so did hospital administrator lady (no idea what her character name is) as well as Audra McDonald and Addison. I did get a bit teary-eyed when the baby's were given to the correct parents. It must be very difficult to get emotially attached to a baby that biologically is yours but not emotionally. It reminded me of a season one Veronica Mars episode in which two characters were switched at birth. In that case, the parents decided to keep the babies and not switch back but I think in that case the children were 4 years old and would know the difference whereas in the Private PRactice case, they were only a few months old.

Anyways, that was the only story that I actually liked. So I am giving it another chance.

No comments: