Monday, July 16, 2007

Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix +IMAX= Awesome

I normally never see a movie twice in the span of a week but I had a friend in town that wanted to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and when I suggested that I wanted to see it again in IMAX, she said she wanted to see it with me.

After seeing it a second time, I have to say that I love the movie now. The first time, I wanted more but now that I know what they cut out, I go to appreciate the film better. The same things still bug me about the film the first time I saw it but I have accepted it.

However, in IMAX, the movie is magnificent and incredible. I have never seen a movie that big before. The climactic battle scene in the Department of Mysteries was awesome, especially in 3D. The 3D scenes begining as Dumbledore's Army (Harry, Ron, Hermione, Luna, Neville and Ginny) are flying the Thestrals. An amazing scene and so cool. The battle in 3D was also amazing with the flying glass from the prophecies showering on you.

I recommend people seeing the IMAX experience. There is nothing like it. I know that when Half-Blood Prince comes out in November 2008, I will see the movie first on a regular screen so that I know what has been cut out then see it again in IMAX.

No comments: