Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My 2009

2009 was definitely an up and down year for me.

In February, I got laid off a job that I loved because of the economy. So that was a low point. I was definitely in a funk for a while but a highlight came when I got a new job in April, a job that I enjoy very much.

Not necessarily a negative but a change was my father moved from a private facility to a public one so it is more of an adjustment in new surroundings.

Highlights of course is continuing to see my niece grow up. She is awesome, speaking so much and I think she is a genius.

I also really had a great time at my friend, Tiffany's, wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony and Tiffany married a really great guy.

During my time in Toronto, I also saw The Sound of Music there and it was a fab theatrical production.

Another big highlight was my time volunteering for Bard on the Beach. Not only was everyone so much fun to work with but also the four productions were excellent, in particular Comedy of Errors and All's Well that Ends Well.

Now is the time for me to list my favourites of 2009.

Favourite Concert: The Swell Season, hands down.
Favourite Album: Strict Joy by the Swell Season, Glee Vol 1 and Vol 2 and All I ever Wanted by Kelly Clarkson

Top movies of 2009:

  1. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
  2. Up
  3. Up in the Air
  4. An Education
  5. The Young Victoria
  6. (500) Days of Summer
  7. Star Trek


My favourite new TV show of 2009: Glee

Things I am looking forward to in 2010:

  • The new Bard on the Beach season especially Much Ado About Nothing
  • Going to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, Florida
  • Seeing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part I in November
  • Seeing Eclipse in July
  • The Winter Olympics in Vancouver
  • The ParaOlympics in Vancouver
  • Continue to see my niece grow up


What are you highlights of 2009 and what are you looking forward to in 2010

No comments: